Choose a Theme
- Natural Materials - Dried flowers, twigs, pine cones, nests, and nuts are all ideas for adding elements of nature to your Christmas decorating. You can't go wrong with natural materials, since afterall, that is how nature decorates for Christmas!
- Metallic Spray Paint - If you love the look of the natural materials, but your tree is too formal, try spraying them with gold or silver spray paint. Beautiful bay leaf branches with a touch of silver spray gives just the sparkle and embellishment your tree needs!
- Silk Flowers - Let's face it, real flowers may work for the trees at the White House, but most of us do not decorate on their budget! Instead, find beautiful silk florals that coordinate with the color or decorating style of your tree. Evenly space them on the branches throughout the tree for added splashed of color.
- Ribbon Garland - Instead of traditional garland, attach coordinating ribbon from the high branches of your tree and stream and wind them down to the lower branches.
- Ribbons and Bows - A tree can look all dressed up if you tie bows to the branches. Also consider dressing up ordinary ball ornaments by attaching bows to the tops. Again, coordinate your ribbon to you style or color theme.
Be creative! There are no right or wrong answers as to what you can put on a tree!
Do you have a great idea or an example of something you have used to decorate your tree? Share it here!