Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Organizationally Challenged!

It seems like every time I turn around I am having to reorganize my office.  It makes me nuts.  Week by week my life changes enough that I have to move everything here and there to suit what I am working on.  One thing I have found, there is no such thing as too much storage!

The one thing I am kinda proud about is having built my desk.  I began with one side of the room with a built in desk, where the computer sits, and a little white desk I got from Pier 1 ages ago.  I liked it, but it just wasn't functional.  So I decided to turn the other side of the room into an L-shaped work space.  It has made life much easier, but still isn't enough.  Here's a few pics.


My stores of fabric are exploding.  I am going to need to build up in order to get the storage I need.  Use that vertical space!

I was SUPPOSED to be able to use a chair in the corner, but as you can see my shipping supplies make that impossible.





Here you can see more of my supposed to be usable workspace.  Actually I should mention that no space can remain usable as long as you have a toddler whose reach is slowly extending and everything on the desk needs to be 18 inches from the edge, and the desk is only 24 inches deep.  Keeps things interesting





I have "tried" to keep him on his own side of the room.  But apparently my "toys" are much more interesting than his!  Not to mention that I have completely lost any storage ability on this side.




And then finally there is the built-in side of the room.  For some reason, this is the only side with overhead lighting.  It's nice and bright...even though it has no real workspace.  And here you can see my shelves that are in a constant state of being rearranged.  My husbands things have been banished to the small shelf in the top left side.  I'll have him pushed out soon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment